Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
owen owen is offline

Default Combo Box

Hello

I have a Microsoft Word 2003 Template Form which contains numerous Combo
Boxes. The form is for a daily report we issue to clients.

When the user creates a new document from the template, all the items are
available within the Combo Box Listing. The user completes the form and saves
the document.

We then wish to be able to copy the completed form and amend it on a daily
basis. The problem we are having, is that the items listed within the Combo
Box dissappear when we copy the previous word document.

Is there something i can enter within my VBA code to keep the combo boxes
populated with the previous selections?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What type of form it this - A custom dialog (user form) or a document that
is protected for filling in forms.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Owen" wrote in message
Hello

I have a Microsoft Word 2003 Template Form which contains numerous Combo
Boxes. The form is for a daily report we issue to clients.

When the user creates a new document from the template, all the items are
available within the Combo Box Listing. The user completes the form and
saves
the document.

We then wish to be able to copy the completed form and amend it on a daily
basis. The problem we are having, is that the items listed within the
Combo
Box dissappear when we copy the previous word document.

Is there something i can enter within my VBA code to keep the combo boxes
populated with the previous selections?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
owen owen is offline

Hi Doug

It is a document that is protected for filling in forms.

Cheers

"Owen" wrote in message
Hello

I have a Microsoft Word 2003 Template Form which contains numerous Combo
Boxes. The form is for a daily report we issue to clients.

When the user creates a new document from the template, all the items are
available within the Combo Box Listing. The user completes the form and
saves
the document.

We then wish to be able to copy the completed form and amend it on a daily
basis. The problem we are having, is that the items listed within the
Combo
Box dissappear when we copy the previous word document.

Is there something i can enter within my VBA code to keep the combo boxes
populated with the previous selections?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case what you have is a dropdown list form field rather than a combo
box, but the list items should remain available unless you are saving data
only. OTOH, if there is VBA code involved, then this is more than a
protected form.

http://word.mvps.org

"Owen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
owen owen is offline

Hi Suzanne

Yes, there is VBA Code within my document template. The lists are definetely
Combo Boxes. I couldn't use a List Box as they were limited to 20 items i
think, whereas my Combo Box has over 200 items.

Any thoughts on why the Combo Box contents is not saving following multiple
saves to document format from the original .dot format?

Thanks again

"Owen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You say the document is protected. Is it protected for forms or some other
kind of protection? ActiveX controls and forms protection are not
compatible.

http://word.mvps.org

"Owen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
owen owen is offline

Hi Doug/Suzanne

The form is protected using Microsoft Word 2003 "Tools/Protect Document" on
the main menu. The code used to populate the combo box with numerous items is:

Private Sub Document_New()
With ComboBox1
..AddItem "Sample Text"
End With
End Sub

When a document is first opened from the template, all the list items are
available.

I save the document (.doc) that the user completes using "Save As" to
another .doc file. ie i want to now use the completed form as a basis for the
next report. At this stage however, the new document loses all the
information in the combo box list.

Thanks again

"Owen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should save the document as a Template and then use FileNew and select
the template when you want to create a new document.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What type of form it this - A custom dialog (user form) or a
document
that
is protected for filling in forms.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"Owen" wrote in message
[...]

Combo Box aftamath77 Microsoft Word Help 1 October 23rd 08 06:17 PM
Combo Box Nick2006 Microsoft Word Help 2 April 12th 06 12:12 AM
Combo Box with Yes/No NNlogistics New Users 4 March 29th 06 08:35 PM
Create Protected Word template that uses combo box & combo box val Cindy Microsoft Word Help 1 April 1st 05 05:10 PM
combo box Gman1959 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 27th 05 02:41 AM