hnml

Default lower case "g" not working on keyboard

does anyone know why the lower case "g" on my keyboard is not working. The
upper case "G" works fine. I also tried using different keyboard, but the
same problem still exists. The keyboards work well with other computers.
Puzzling! The product in question Microsoft Office 2003 (Student & Teacher
version).

thanx for your help

If you find that "g" has been assigned to a command (Tools | Customize |
Keyboard), then clicking on Remove should remove the assignment.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You might check to see whether lowercase g has been assigned as a

shortcut
key for some undetectable action.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"hnml" wrote in message
does anyone know why the lower case "g" on my keyboard is not working.

The
upper case "G" works fine. I also tried using different keyboard, but

the
same problem still exists. The keyboards work well with other

computers.
Puzzling! The product in question Microsoft Office 2003 (Student &

Teacher
version).

thanx for your help

hnml

I removed the shortcut key assignment for the "g" key. I discovered that
what is happening is that to get the lower case "g" I have to have CAPS LOCK
on and then press the SHIFT key and then press the "g" key for it to work.
Also, the uppercase "G" works only while the SHIFT key is pressed. It
doesn't work with CAPS LOCK on. Really weird. Thanks for your help and
patience.

Henry