Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
robert morris[_2_] robert morris[_2_] is offline

Default Protected document

I have a protected document with a table that includes 2 columns unprotected
for others to enter data. I uncheck the box "highlight the regions I can
edit".

This document is then sent as a email attachment. When it arrives, the
"highlight the regions I can edit" box is checked. Visually it is a pain.
What am I doing wrong?

Any ideas?

Bob M.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

robert morris was telling us:
robert morris nous racontait que :

I have a protected document with a table that includes 2 columns
unprotected for others to enter data. I uncheck the box "highlight
the regions I can edit".

This document is then sent as a email attachment. When it arrives,
the "highlight the regions I can edit" box is checked. Visually it
is a pain. What am I doing wrong?

Any ideas?

As far as I know, you will need a macro to do that.
So, if your users have a high security setting, the macro will not be
invoked..

In nay case, you would need as simple AutoOpen macro associated with your
document:

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveDocument.Windows(1).View.ShadeEditableRanges = False
End Sub

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
robert morris[_2_] robert morris[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that might be the case.

Is there another way possibly that would protect the sheet except for the
two columns?

Bob M.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

robert morris was telling us:
robert morris nous racontait que :

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that might be the case.

Is there another way possibly that would protect the sheet except for
the two columns?

None that I can think of right now...

--
Jean-Guy Marcil