Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vir98 Vir98 is offline

Default Picklist text prompt option? Nested?

Hello,

I'm trying to find out how to create prompts in Word (a popup that asks a
question, e.g., "Is this X or Y?") so that the template user chooses one
option from a list of options (X,Y,Z, etc), then text is inserted based on
the user's choice. If I can nest a few of these together so that one prompt
leads to another, that would be even better. Does anyone know how to do this
in Word? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would suggest that you consider the use of a userform.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

and the following pages of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website :

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm

The text blocks could be saved as autotext entries in the template and you
could have a list of them in one listbox on the userform and have another
listbox with a command button that would allow you to move the selected item
from the one list box to the other in the order that you want the text
blocks to appear in the document.

The possibilities are endless.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Vir98" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm trying to find out how to create prompts in Word (a popup that asks a
question, e.g., "Is this X or Y?") so that the template user chooses one
option from a list of options (X,Y,Z, etc), then text is inserted based on
the user's choice. If I can nest a few of these together so that one
prompt
leads to another, that would be even better. Does anyone know how to do
this
in Word? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Prompt when deleting text G Dancey Microsoft Word Help 2 September 27th 07 04:29 PM
make auto text prompt appear? taystar Microsoft Word Help 1 July 1st 07 04:44 AM
Prompt for document properties Save opion fails to prompt R.Evans Microsoft Word Help 6 August 18th 06 12:17 AM
Prompt text John New Users 7 April 13th 06 12:55 AM
Getting word to prompt me text rather than typing it in? Mike Trimble Microsoft Word Help 3 August 9th 05 12:39 AM