umpy517

Default Inserting a tool to return to the top

I am using Word to publish a page to the web. I want to insert something so
I can return to the top of the page without scrolling. A hyperlink does'nt
do it. What do I use?
Stefan Blom

A simple way to go to the beginning of a web document in Internet
Explorer is to press CTRL+HOME on the keyboard. By the way, you can
use the same shortcut in Word (and also in Netscape/Mozilla, I think).

--
Stefan Blom

"umpy517" wrote in message
I am using Word to publish a page to the web. I want to insert

something so
I can return to the top of the page without scrolling. A hyperlink

does'nt
do it. What do I use?

CyberTaz

Stefan is correct abut Ctrl+Home, pretty much universal in most programs...
assuming the user is aware of it.

If you do want to use a hyperlink you certainly can, but you first need
something to hyperlink _to_. While at the top of the page got to
InsertBookmark and name the bookmark TOP or HOME or whatever. Then go to the
bottom of the page and InsertHyperlink. In the dialog box choose Place in
this Document on the left, click your bookmark name that appears in the
content area, then click OK.

HTH |:)

"umpy517" wrote in message
I am using Word to publish a page to the web. I want to insert

something so
I can return to the top of the page without scrolling. A hyperlink

does'nt
do it. What do I use?

Stefan Blom

"CyberTaz" wrote:
Stefan is correct abut Ctrl+Home, pretty much universal in most

programs...
assuming the user is aware of it.

Well, you can remind the user of this shortcut. A simple way is to add
a "how to use this web site" text somewhere.

A different way is to make browsers display it on the status bar. This
would require some JavaScript, though. If the OP needs assistance on
how to code this, I wouldn't be able to help. Try an IE newsgroup, or
a JavaScript newsgroup (if there is one).

Stefan Blom

"umpy517" wrote in message
I am using Word to publish a page to the web. I want to insert

something so
I can return to the top of the page without scrolling. A

hyperlink
does'nt
do it. What do I use?

Stefan Blom

CTRL+HOME is a built-in shortcut in most browsers (and also in Word).
However, see my other message for two (very) simple ideas on how to
notify the visitors of your web page of the shortcut.

--
Stefan Blom

pdf tool bar wendy Microsoft Word Help 1 February 18th 05 06:39 PM
Return Address Margins on Envelopes Deb Microsoft Word Help 2 February 10th 05 05:51 AM
Return addressing problems Word 2003 Elton @UB Microsoft Word Help 0 February 7th 05 06:15 PM
default font size for the return address on an envelope? annpayt Microsoft Word Help 7 January 13th 05 02:47 PM
can I insert a graphic in envelope return address? How? AngelinaWhite Microsoft Word Help 1 December 8th 04 09:29 PM