Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Default Error message in word 2007

When I try to transfer a document from a word file to a web form the
following error message appears.

" Word could not create the work file. Check the temp enviroment variable"

I have repaired and reinstalled my office soft ware but to no avail. can
anyone tell me where to check this variable and how to correct this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What, exactly, are you trying to do?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul" wrote:

When I try to transfer a document from a word file to a web form the
following error message appears.

" Word could not create the work file. Check the temp enviroment variable"

I have repaired and reinstalled my office soft ware but to no avail. can
anyone tell me where to check this variable and how to correct this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My guess is that the error is in the web form, that is, it has nothing to do
with Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
Whilst completing online application form I am asked to add a document. to
add the document click browse, this takes me to my documents folder,open
the
folder required and select the document required, click open . it is at
this
point that the error message appears. I have since discovered that if you
click OK on the error message to close and select the document a second
time
,and do the same closing process again you can then open the document and
intern it is attached to the web form that I am eediting.