Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LNA LNA is offline

Default Scanning documents into Word 2007

In Word 2003 one can use the 'Insert' option and by choosing the Scanner
option, we can scan from our multifunctional printer directly into a Word
document.

How can we find this option in Word 2007? I've installed our scanner driver
onto the computer, but can't find the option to use it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Bryntze John Bryntze is offline

"LNA" wrote:

In Word 2003 one can use the 'Insert' option and by choosing the Scanner
option, we can scan from our multifunctional printer directly into a Word
document.

How can we find this option in Word 2007? I've installed our scanner driver
onto the computer, but can't find the option to use it.

Check this link:
http://www.john.bryntze.net/jbkb/ind...2_in_Word_2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm dubious about your error handling. See
http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm for another version.

http://word.mvps.org

"John Bryntze" wrote in message

"LNA" wrote:

In Word 2003 one can use the 'Insert' option and by choosing the Scanner
option, we can scan from our multifunctional printer directly into a Word
document.

How can we find this option in Word 2007? I've installed our scanner
driver
onto the computer, but can't find the option to use it.

Check this link:
http://www.john.bryntze.net/jbkb/ind...2_in_Word_2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Bryntze John Bryntze is offline

Joe Buckle gave me this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924462

"LNA" wrote:

In Word 2003 one can use the 'Insert' option and by choosing the Scanner
option, we can scan from our multifunctional printer directly into a Word
document.

How can we find this option in Word 2007? I've installed our scanner
driver
onto the computer, but can't find the option to use it.

Check this link:
http://www.john.bryntze.net/jbkb/ind...2_in_Word_2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"LNA" wrote:

In Word 2003 one can use the 'Insert' option and by choosing the Scanner
option, we can scan from our multifunctional printer directly into a Word
document.

How can we find this option in Word 2007? *I've installed our scanner
driver
onto the computer, but can't find the option to use it.

Check this link:
http://www.john.bryntze.net/jbkb/ind...%22Insert....- Hide quoted text -

"I'm dubious about your error handling."

Clunky perhaps, and I would probably do it like Graham. In this case
JB's method certainly serves the purpose as the following should
illustrate.

Sub Demo1()
On Error Resume Next
Err.Raise 6
MsgBox "Serves the purpose"
End Sub

Sub Demo2()
On Error GoTo JBKBError
Err.Raise 6
JBKBError:
MsgBox "Serves the same purpose"
End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It just appeared to me that On Error was calling a routine that had not been
provided. But since I'm VBA-ignorant, what do I know?

http://word.mvps.org

"LNA" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Bryntze John Bryntze is offline

Thanks Suzanne, you are right the Macro is faster solution
Also you are an MVP so I take your word for it hahaha was that funny?