Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
charlie.planetxsolutions charlie.planetxsolutions is offline

Default unable to edit word macro

i have a word macro that was installed via an msi file to word 2007 on vista.
when attempting to edit the macro or examine it i get "project locked"
"project is unviewable" from the VBA editor.

i have all of the trusted center properties set to enable macros and expose
the vba object model etc as advised by microsoft.

i have no problem accessing the code from a manual installation on xp that
would have had an earlier version of word installed at that time but has
since been upgraded to word 2007. but i need to debug on the vista
workstation.

how can i get this to prompt me for a password?

thanks in advance.

--
charlie garrett-jones
planetxsolutions.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You must open the template or document that contains the macro. If the template
is loaded but not opened, you'll see the project in the VBA editor but you will
get this "unviewable" message if you try to look at the macros in it.

Whether the macro (or more correctly, the template that contains the macro) was
installed by an msi file or manually makes no difference.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman