Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
D. Oberg D. Oberg is offline

Default Deleting a PDF File

I have saved (i.e. published) MS Word 2007 files as PDF files. I now want to
delete some of the PDF files, and I seem to have trouble doing so. When I
use the "delete" command I simply get a "Recycling 1 Item" window that runs
but does not function. Please advise.
--
D. Oberg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 03:21:01 -0700, D. Oberg
wrote:

I have saved (i.e. published) MS Word 2007 files as PDF files. I now want to
delete some of the PDF files, and I seem to have trouble doing so. When I
use the "delete" command I simply get a "Recycling 1 Item" window that runs
but does not function. Please advise.

Aside from the fact that the files were created by Word, this really
has nothing to do with Word and everything to do with Windows. You may
have saved the PDF files into a folder in which you don't have Delete
permission. Can you rename the files, or move them to a different
folder?
--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
D. Oberg D. Oberg is offline

Jay,

Thanks for the reply. You are clearly correct, it is not a word problem
(and I suppose I'm on the wrong forum). I did try resaving in a different
place with no luck. Renaming the files won't help, as I will still have the
original files where I don't want them.

I have isolated the problem with the following info:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18164
Application Timestamp: 4907e242
Hang Signatu 93fa
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Hang Signature 1: f8b59f84a10be2d3c9ebc3d77764ca4b
Additional Hang Signature 2: a735
Additional Hang Signature 3: cd52f5818941b76eec45099893b8d7ac
Additional Hang Signature 4: 93fa
Additional Hang Signature 5: f8b59f84a10be2d3c9ebc3d77764ca4b
Additional Hang Signature 6: a735
Additional Hang Signature 7: cd52f5818941b76eec45099893b8d7ac

I have forwarded this to Microsoft and asked for additional help. I have a
feeling that there may be Adobe-MS Word issues to be sorted out.
--
D. Oberg