Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Dan is offline

Default Word only deletes a single digit at a time

I have XP/Office 2003 and use Word as editor for Outlook.
When depressing and keeping the 'backspace' or 'delete' key down only a
single digit erases. It used to continuously delete until I took my finger
off the key. How can this feature be reinstated?
~ Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Windows XP, click on Start | Control Panel | Accessibility
Options | Keyboard tab | uncheck the "Use FilterKeys" box | OK.

In Windows Vista, click on Start | Control Panel | Ease of Access
Center | Make the keyboard easier to use | uncheck the "Turn on
FilterKeys" box | OK.

Dan wrote:
I have XP/Office 2003 and use Word as editor for Outlook.
When depressing and keeping the 'backspace' or 'delete' key down only a
single digit erases. It used to continuously delete until I took my finger
off the key. How can this feature be reinstated?
~ Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although it is possible to change the repeat rate and repeat delay in the
Keyboard folder of Control Panel, there's no way to do this inadvertently.
The likelihood therefore is that you have enabled Filter Keys. To undo this,
go to Accessibility Options in the Windows Control Panel. To prevent a
recurrence, you may also want to disable the shortcut keys that trigger
these settings.

http://word.mvps.org