Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henrik Henrik is offline

Default How to reduce list of languages in Profing Tools dropdown

In Profing Tools 2003, how do I reduce the number of languages listed in the
language selection dropdown list?

I only ever use the same four (which sometimes are, sometimes aren't at the
top of the list) and find it annoying to browse through Afrikaans, Albanian,
Amharic... to get to the relevant ones. (My the same token, I also find it
annoying to 15 versions of English an French to choose from. Surely relevant
for some, but not for me).

Thanks
Henrik
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

From the Start button go to All programs MS Office MS Office tools MS
Office language settings. Add or remove items as you see fit.

Pam

Henrik wrote:
In Profing Tools 2003, how do I reduce the number of languages listed in the
language selection dropdown list?

I only ever use the same four (which sometimes are, sometimes aren't at the
top of the list) and find it annoying to browse through Afrikaans, Albanian,
Amharic... to get to the relevant ones. (My the same token, I also find it
annoying to 15 versions of English an French to choose from. Surely relevant
for some, but not for me).

Thanks
Henrik

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

I forgot to add that the ones you select as "enabled editing languages" will
appear at the top of Word's language dialog list.

Pamelia Caswell wrote:
From the Start button go to All programs MS Office MS Office tools MS
Office language settings. Add or remove items as you see fit.

Pam

In Profing Tools 2003, how do I reduce the number of languages listed in the
language selection dropdown list?

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
Thanks
Henrik

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henrik Henrik is offline

Thank you for your answer but I've tried that and it doesn't work optimally.

First, the four languages I have enabled (the ones in the 'Enabled
Languages' box on the right) do not *systematically* appear at the top.

Second, I can't delete any of the languages in not interested in (the bottom
left box) so they always also appear in the dropdown list.

Henrik

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I forgot to add that the ones you select as "enabled editing languages" will
appear at the top of Word's language dialog list.

From the Start button go to All programs MS Office MS Office tools MS