Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Annette Annette is offline

Default protection enforcing box no longer showing up

I use Word 2007, I am tring to protect a form I made but can't get the
formating restrictions box to show up anymore. It has in the past when I
seleted the protection box in the ribbon. It will not come up now. Did I
turn it off somehow?
--
Annette
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Are you saying that the developer tab is missing (check Word Options
Popular) or that the Protect Document button no longer works?

Annette wrote:
I use Word 2007, I am tring to protect a form I made but can't get the
formating restrictions box to show up anymore. It has in the past
when I seleted the protection box in the ribbon. It will not come up
now. Did I turn it off somehow?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It is the "2. Editing restrictions" box that you need to check to active the
dropdown from which you can select the option for protecting the document
for "Filling in forms"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.