Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
patel patel is offline

Default Writable PDF

Could anyone help me to create writable PDF in word template?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

You create a PDF in a PDF creator.

"patel" wrote in message
: Could anyone help me to create writable PDF in word template?
:
: thanks
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OxfordCleric OxfordCleric is offline

Like Patel, I want to create forms in Word that can be saved as .pdf and
filled in online. I just got Word 2007 and it just opens Acrobat when I
attempt to save as a .pdf file. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

"patel" wrote in message
: Could anyone help me to create writable PDF in word template?
:
: thanks
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That is the way that it works. If is not a .pdf forms creation utility.

To create fillable pdf forms, you need something like CutePDF -
http://www.cutepdf.com/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"patel" wrote in message
: Could anyone help me to create writable PDF in word template?
:
: thanks
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A PDF is simply a graphical representation of the document in a proprietory
format. If you want it to have editable fields, then you will need a
particular type of PDF editor to add the fields. The obvious choice would be
the full version of Acrobat, but as indicated by Doug, there are undoubtedly
others. The PDF will always open in a PDF reader such as Acrobat Reader.
Word has no capacity to read and edit PDF format. The best it can achieve is
to insert the PDF as an object, and as objects cannot span pages, that means
you see only the first page of the PDF displayed in Word - and it will not
be editable any more than other graphics objects.

"patel" wrote in message
Could anyone help me to create writable PDF in word template?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheila W Sheila W is offline

If you want to edit pdf. There is a free software- anybizsoft pdf to word
converter. It allows you to convert pdf to word. Then you can edit it in
word.

Here is the link from download.com
http://download.cnet.com/AnyBizSoft-...-10920472.html

Hope it helps!