Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
L. Roper L. Roper is offline

Default Word 2007 - Fix table size

Is there a way to make the defalt for "Resizing tables to fit contents"
unchecked. It is under table properties / options.

Also, is there a way to "float" the borders? In Word 2003 you could pull
the borders off the toolbar and have it float for easy access.

thanks for your help,
Lou Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sorry Suzanne, but the part about the check box on Table Options dialog for
"automatically resize to fit contents" has not been answered previously.
It is something that I would like to know how to do in 2003 and 2007 (if
different).
All the best
DeanH

"L. Roper" wrote in message
Is there a way to make the defalt for "Resizing tables to fit contents"
unchecked. It is under table properties / options.

Also, is there a way to "float" the borders? In Word 2003 you could pull
the borders off the toolbar and have it float for easy access.

thanks for your help,
Lou Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If it was not answered, it's because there is no way (short of a macro) to
change the default.

http://word.mvps.org

"L. Roper" wrote in message
Is there a way to make the defalt for "Resizing tables to fit contents"
unchecked. It is under table properties / options.

Also, is there a way to "float" the borders? In Word 2003 you could
pull
the borders off the toolbar and have it float for easy access.

thanks for your help,
Lou Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
L. Roper L. Roper is offline

Suzanne,

I appreciate your help, but neither of my questions were answered.

"L. Roper" wrote in message
Is there a way to make the defalt for "Resizing tables to fit contents"
unchecked. It is under table properties / options.

Also, is there a way to "float" the borders? In Word 2003 you could pull
the borders off the toolbar and have it float for easy access.

thanks for your help,
Lou Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The answer is that you cannot change the default setting for auto resizing,
nor are there any tear-off toolbars in Word 2007.

http://word.mvps.org