Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
axman axman is offline

Default page setup error

After saving an omnipage 14 OCR doc in word I attempted to modify the page
size [page setup] but get an error:

Column widths cannot be less than .5€

This happens whether applying to a section or the whole doc. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Click the ¶ button (CTRL+*) and see what mess of formatting Omnipage has
created.
Try selecting the document and re-apply 1 column to the whole.
You might find it easier to output plain text from Omnipage and reformat
from scratch.

axman wrote:
After saving an omnipage 14 OCR doc in word I attempted to modify the
page size [page setup] but get an error:

Column widths cannot be less than .5"

This happens whether applying to a section or the whole doc. Any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
axman axman is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Click the ¶ button (CTRL+*) and see what mess of formatting Omnipage has
created.

Actually, I have done it [again] and nothing seems messy from what I can
see. The worst thing OP seems to do is to put [some of the] text/or graphics
into frames.

Try selecting the document and re-apply 1 column to the whole.

tried all sorts of things [not just with columns] with formatting columns
but still get the error

You might find it easier to output plain text from Omnipage and reformat
from scratch.

thought of it but it looks like it will take me 60-80 hours. very
unappetizing.

ps am using 2003 on XP if it should matter

axman wrote:
After saving an omnipage 14 OCR doc in word I attempted to modify the
page size [page setup] but get an error:

Column widths cannot be less than .5"

This happens whether applying to a section or the whole doc. Any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Unfortunately even the best OCR applications are poor when it comes to
retaining Word format - once you need to edit the results.

axman wrote:
After saving an omnipage 14 OCR doc in word I attempted to modify
the page size [page setup] but get an error:

Column widths cannot be less than .5"

This happens whether applying to a section or the whole doc. Any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
axman axman is offline

I'm not sure what I did but have succeeded in changing the page size. I
believe that it was connected to finding a section that had newspaper columns
and reverting that section to single column.

thanks
axman