Fermanov

Default How do I merge Word document with Excel one?

Hello,
I need to merge a Word document with an Excel one from Word. Also I would
like to know how to merge an Excel document with a Word one from Excel. I
have Office Professional Edition 2003 and so far I could not make any merging
between Word and Excel docs from Word and from Excel.
Could you please tell where I am making an error?

Thank you.
Zlatko Fermanov
Chuck Davis

"Fermanov" wrote in message
Hello,
I need to merge a Word document with an Excel one from Word. Also I would
like to know how to merge an Excel document with a Word one from Excel. I
have Office Professional Edition 2003 and so far I could not make any
merging
between Word and Excel docs from Word and from Excel.
Could you please tell where I am making an error?

Thank you.
Zlatko Fermanov

Zlatko,

It's not the most gracious thing to do. Open your Word document, place the
insertion pointer where you want and choose File from the Insert Drop down
menu. When the dialog box opens, you will have to change Files of type to
All Files (*.*), select the file that you want and click Insert. You will be
told that a Microsoft Excel Text Converter is necessary and do you really
want to continue... read the warning and continue.

CyberTaz

I'm afraid you can't 'merge' either with the other.

What you can do is Embed a Word doc in an Excel workbook and Embed an Excel
workbook in a Word document. You can also Link in the same manner. You might
want to check Word Help on Object Linking & Embedding and post back if you
have any specific questions.

HTH |:)