Satya

Default avoid includetext from making changes to the source file

hey,

I am trying to organise a big word document using INCLUDETEXT code but
everytime i do that it first of all takes number by default and no matter
what I try can'nt remove the numbers and secondly the bullets/ numbers in the
source document dosn't apprear in the main document.If somebody could advise
the best way to troubleshoot it, would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Satya Tanwer.

macropod

Hi Satya,

When you use INCLUDETEXT to insert text from a source document into your
target document, any styles used in both the source document and the target
document take on the attributes of the target document's attributes when
viewed in the target document. The source document remains unchanged,
though.

Thus, if you number a style in the target document, any paragraphs in that
style from the source document will get numbers in the target document too.
Likewise for bullets etc.

Cheers

"Satya" wrote in message
hey,

I am trying to organise a big word document using INCLUDETEXT code but
everytime i do that it first of all takes number by default and no matter
what I try can'nt remove the numbers and secondly the bullets/ numbers in

the
source document dosn't apprear in the main document.If somebody could

advise
the best way to troubleshoot it, would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Satya Tanwer.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2F0eWE=?=,

I am trying to organise a big word document using INCLUDETEXT code but
everytime i do that it first of all takes number by default and no matter
what I try can'nt remove the numbers and secondly the bullets/ numbers in the
source document dosn't apprear in the main document

I don't understand what you mean with the first problem.

The second may be a question of styles. If you create unique styles in the souce
document to apply the numbering, chances are it would be retained in the target
file.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org