Mary

Default Embedded Excel Spreadsheet Corrupted

I have a Word Template that has several embedded Excel spreadsheets in it.
This template is used by people who need to enter data then change it if
necessary. After entering information then going back into Word, some of the
spreadsheets often become "corrupt or no longer available". You cannot get
back into the spreadsheet to edit. And if you change the wrap options, the
embedded object becomes a picture.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be happening? I think it happens
after they have edited it a couple of times.

Thanks!

Mary

But I don't have links. The spreadsheets are embedded in the Word template.
They need for them to be new everytime they run the template. Maybe there is
a better way to do this, but it is the only way I knew. I copied the
worksheet from Excel and did a Paste Special. I clicked the Paste radio
button (not link because I didn't want it to link). Then I chose MicroSoft
Excel Worksheet Object. Then I adjusted the wrap options and size to get it
centered on the page.

For the most part it works fine. This only seems to happen after they have
edited it several times.

Thanks.

"Mary" wrote:

I have a Word Template that has several embedded Excel spreadsheets in it.
This template is used by people who need to enter data then change it if
necessary. After entering information then going back into Word, some of the
spreadsheets often become "corrupt or no longer available". You cannot get
back into the spreadsheet to edit. And if you change the wrap options, the
embedded object becomes a picture.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be happening? I think it happens
after they have edited it a couple of times.

Thanks!

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TWFyeQ==?=,

I have a Word Template that has several embedded Excel spreadsheets in it.
This template is used by people who need to enter data then change it if
necessary. After entering information then going back into Word, some of the
spreadsheets often become "corrupt or no longer available". You cannot get
back into the spreadsheet to edit. And if you change the wrap options, the
embedded object becomes a picture.

Version of Office?

If they close the document, then re-open it, is the worksheet still
unavailable?

See if the information in this article applies (irregardless of the version of
Office, the causes still may be applicable)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)