Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Candice Candice is offline

Default Can not open existing MS files

Recently I downloaded the trial version of MS Professional. The download was
successful; however, I can not retreive files that I have saved or open
attachments through MS. This error pops up and says that either my anti virus
needs to be updated or I need to disable that antivirus. I have done both of
these suggestions and I still have the problem.
Can someone please help me get to the root of this, so I can start saving
files.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There have been several reports that Kaspersky AV has trouble with Word.
'Disabling' the AV software will probably not deactivate the parts related
to Office document checking that are running at the time. If you are using
this AV software, may I suggest that you consider changing it for something
else? AVG Free works well (though don't install the Office plug-in)
http://free.avg.com/download-avg-ant...s-free-edition