Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dwayne[_2_] Dwayne[_2_] is offline

Default setting page background color and dimensions

I'm using Word 2007 and working with a standard 8.5 X 11 page layout
portrait orientation. I would like to break the page into 4
quadrants...i.e. top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right. In the
bottom quadrants, I would like to set the page background colors into two
separate colors that would fill all the way across the page. The bottom
left would have one color designation and the bottom right would have a
slightly different color designation. I also need to set widths and heights
for these quadrants so I can add text within each quadrant.

I would like the top quadrants to be 70% of the page height and the bottom
quadrants would be 30% of the page height. The left quadrants need to be
30% of the page width and the right quadrants need to be 70% of the page
width.

How can I achieve this layout?

Thanks for any help.
Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert a two-row by two-column table. Resize each column and row
to your percentage specifications. Fill each table cell with the
desired background color.

But your printer probably won't be able to print the background
colors all the way across the page, because most printers have
some amount of non-printable area along each edge.

Dwayne wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dwayne[_2_] Dwayne[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the help. I inserted a two-row by two-column as you suggested.
I set the headers and footers from edge to 0" on both. There are still some
margins...i.e. top: 0.17" bottom: 0.17" left: 0.25" right: 0/25".

If I try to zero the margins out, I get the following error: "One or more
margins are set outside the printable area of the page. Choose the Fix
button to increase the appropriate margins.

I clicked ignore and it did expand to take the full area of the page.

Is there a way to set a bleed and print the full area of the page?

Thanks again for your help.
Regards.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Dwayne wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

As Garfield stated, you won't be able to print to the edge of the pages as
most printers (except high-end publishers' printers) have a non-printable
border around all edges. There is no way to force bleed using Word.

Some Photo Inkjets have the ability to print a whole page using an
over-printing technique, but often this is only when used with expensive
photo-quality paper selected. Using that method would cost you a small
fortune to print more than a few sheets.

I suggest that your best bet may be to use a print shop that will be able to
bleed. But note that even many print shops use oversize sheets of paper and
trim the printer output to size to achieve this.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP