Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
seajeep seajeep is offline

Default What makes cursor re-size?

The cursor in My Word 2003 occasionally re-sizes to a bar about one third of
its normal height and stays that way. But, apparently, in no consistent way
over months of work - sometimes it's normal size. I've long tried to find a
logic or a source of control but had no luck.
For instance, I have just opened a new copy of Word, with a blank A5 page
and there is this tiny cursor again!. Can anybody help, please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is a minor known bug. Change the zoom setting to (say) 500% then back to
your preferred setting to correct it. You can fix it permanently with a
couple of lines of code in autonew and autoopen macros - see

seajeep wrote:
The cursor in My Word 2003 occasionally re-sizes to a bar about one
third of its normal height and stays that way. But, apparently, in
no consistent way over months of work - sometimes it's normal size.
I've long tried to find a logic or a source of control but had no
luck.
For instance, I have just opened a new copy of Word, with a blank A5
page and there is this tiny cursor again!. Can anybody help, please?

Cursor Size Mad Dog Microsoft Word Help 11 June 1st 09 02:06 PM
Cursor size Farfel Microsoft Word Help 0 March 24th 09 07:58 PM
Changing .doc to .dot makes file size bigger, why? Maree Gray Microsoft Word Help 1 May 27th 08 09:07 AM
cursor size djakaburo Microsoft Word Help 3 September 19th 07 04:35 PM
cursor size Sorein Microsoft Word Help 1 October 15th 05 01:51 PM