Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harry Ardiff Harry Ardiff is offline

Default Importing Corel CDR files

Whenever I try to import CDR files into my Word 2003 or Word 2007 I get the
message "an error occured while importing this file" any suggestions. I have
checked that i hae the corel draw importing filter installed. any suggestions
I need the file to come in as a linked CDR file as the CDRs are constantly
updated and i need the links to remain live.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word 2003 updated to Service Pack 3, and Word 2007 by default,
both block opening .cdr files any suggestions. You need to
modify your Windows registry to unblock this file type any
suggestions.

You say you hae the corel draw importing filter installed, so I
guess we'll hae to take your word for it any suggestions. You
might make sure the corel draw importing filter you installed
actually supports whatever unnamed version of .cdr file you're
trying to import any suggestions.

Specifically how are you importing .cdr files into Word any
suggestions? Hae you tried using Paste Special | Paste Link any
suggestions?