Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arthur H Arthur H is offline

Default Menu grayed out ?

A friend of mine sent a word doc to me and when I opened it with my 2002 ver
the Menu is grayed out http://www.arthurhewett.info/ (practice site).
He probably has a more current verision than I have. Would this grayed out
be normal under those circumstances ?

2nd Question: can I upgrade Word & excel to the current version & where
would I go to get the info I need and maybe purchase a Home Edition (I don't
use it for business strictly home use as I am retired.

Thanks
--
Arthur H
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

(2) You should but Office2007 Home & Student at a store (some big
chains like Office Depot give a small discount from the list price),
because if you get it from the Microsoft website, you don't get the
disk (just the download), and if something goes wrong, it's apparently
a pain to get it fixed.

(Though the name 2002 suggests you're on a Mac, so you want 2008.)

((1) I don't think so, but I haven't used MacWord in several years.)

On Jul 31, 3:25*pm, Arthur H
wrote:
A friend of mine sent a word doc to me and when I opened it with my 2002 ver
the Menu is grayed outhttp://www.arthurhewett.info/(practice site).
He probably has a more current verision than I have. *Would this grayed out
be normal under those circumstances ?

2nd Question: can I upgrade Word & excel to the current version & where
would I go to get the info I need and maybe purchase a Home Edition (I don't *
use it for business strictly home use as I am retired.

Thanks
--
Arthur H

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Office 2002 is Office XP for the PC? My feeling is that the document is
protected to limit to a restricted number of styles.
Upgrading the Office version will not affect that. There is no difference
between the file formats of Word 2002 and 2003.