Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Barb is offline

Default cannot edit word documents

I recently created labels using a template I downloaded from Avery. I was
able to edit the labels individually until I installed my new mouse. Now, I
have to scroll through the document using the arrow keys. I cannot use my
mouse to position the cursor in the document.

Also, I cannot select the picture I added to each label. I can select and
move and do all functions in Excel, Publisher, etc. Word is the only
application I am experiencing problems with. I guess I should say that I
cannot currently edit any documents in Word using my mouse.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Could be a damaged Word data key in the Windows registry. Close
Word 2007, start regedit, and rename the
"\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12. 0\Word\Data"
key. Word 2007 will create a new Data key using the factory
default settings when you restart the program. If this fixes the
problem, great... but you might have to re-select some of your
Word Options settings. If it doesn't, you can close Word 2007,
rename the old key back to its original name to retrieve your old
Word Options settings.

barb wrote:
I recently created labels using a template I downloaded from Avery. I was
able to edit the labels individually until I installed my new mouse. Now, I
have to scroll through the document using the arrow keys. I cannot use my
mouse to position the cursor in the document.

Also, I cannot select the picture I added to each label. I can select and
move and do all functions in Excel, Publisher, etc. Word is the only
application I am experiencing problems with. I guess I should say that I
cannot currently edit any documents in Word using my mouse.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Barb is offline

Thank you for the quick response. This did not fix it, but I found a post in
the 'Applications" section and it worked. The solution is:

Click the FixIt button in the Microsoft article
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=940791. (The section of the article titled
"Let me fix it myself" explains what the button does, but the button is
easier.)