Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dad dave dad dave is offline

Default automatially add periods between a character name and the actor

I am making a cast list for a program.
how do I automatically add the proper number of periods between the
character name and the actor's name so that each line is justified to the
margins of the column?
BOB....................Tom James
ANDREW.....Wilbert Harrison
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It's called a dotted leader. Look under the tab settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"dad dave" dad wrote in message
I am making a cast list for a program.
how do I automatically add the proper number of periods between the
character name and the actor's name so that each line is justified to the
margins of the column?
BOB....................Tom James
ANDREW.....Wilbert Harrison

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dad dave[_2_] dad dave[_2_] is offline

Default automatially add periods between a character name and the acto

thanks, that is exactly it
after 5 minutes of experimenting, I got it to do what I want.
My wife and I were opera singers, and I create 5-7 concert/recital programs
a year for her voice students. This will help tremendously.
Thanks again

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

It's called a dotted leader. Look under the tab settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"dad dave" dad wrote in message
I am making a cast list for a program.
how do I automatically add the proper number of periods between the
character name and the actor's name so that each line is justified to the
margins of the column?
BOB....................Tom James
ANDREW.....Wilbert Harrison

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For more on this, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/N...tm#TabularText.

http://word.mvps.org

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

It's called a dotted leader. Look under the tab settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"dad dave" dad wrote in message
I am making a cast list for a program.
how do I automatically add the proper number of periods between the
character name and the actor's name so that each line is justified to
the
margins of the column?
BOB....................Tom James
ANDREW.....Wilbert Harrison

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dad dave[_2_] dad dave[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the help.
This is my first time to ask a question on a forum, and it was a very good
experience. Thanks to MVPs JoAnn and Suzanne, and Microsoft for hosting.
I'll be back.
Thanks again
Dad Dave