Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Office_user Office_user is offline

Default fields & tables

I inserted this field in the header my document:
{STYLEREF "Heading 3" \*MERGEFORMAT}

It was working well until I moved the text of Heading 3 to a table cell (for
design-related reasons). Now the field is still working in the pages that
precede the table and the page that contains it, But the field can't read the
style reference in the pages that follow the page contains the table, as if
the table acts as a separator of some kind here.

Can anyone help me understand the reason of this strange beahviour?

Thanks in advance
Mona
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Office_user Office_user is offline

Default fields & tables: one more question please

I want the StyeRef field to read the text of the heading without including
the paragraph mark that ending the heading paragraph. How can I do that?

Thanks

"Office_user" wrote:

I inserted this field in the header my document:
{STYLEREF "Heading 3" \*MERGEFORMAT}

It was working well until I moved the text of Heading 3 to a table cell (for
design-related reasons). Now the field is still working in the pages that
precede the table and the page that contains it, But the field can't read the
style reference in the pages that follow the page contains the table, as if
the table acts as a separator of some kind here.

Can anyone help me understand the reason of this strange beahviour?

Thanks in advance
Mona

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Office_user Office_user is offline

Default fields & tables: I got it

Sorry for inconvenience. I've found an answer for the second question. I just
need an explanation for the first case.

"Office_user" wrote:

I inserted this field in the header my document:
{STYLEREF "Heading 3" \*MERGEFORMAT}

It was working well until I moved the text of Heading 3 to a table cell (for
design-related reasons). Now the field is still working in the pages that
precede the table and the page that contains it, But the field can't read the
style reference in the pages that follow the page contains the table, as if
the table acts as a separator of some kind here.

Can anyone help me understand the reason of this strange beahviour?

Thanks in advance
Mona

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that the STYLEREF field will pick up *any* paragraph with the Heading 3
style applied to it. In other words, if you have blank paragraphs using that
style, the STYLEREF field will display blank (on the affected pages).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP