Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janey Janey is offline

Default How to enable page setup in a protected document

I am using Word 2007 and have a number of letters which are password
protected with exceptions for certain parts of the letter (eg name/address)
which can be changed.

The problem is that users cannot change the page set up to select a
different printer paper source bin as the page layout tab is also protected.
Is there some way I can keep the protection over editing but allow the page
set up to be changed?
Users need to print using different source bins to use different
letterheads. They can change the source selection in the print tab but it
seems to be overwritten by the paper source in the page setup tab.

Thank You in Advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If changing the paper bin via the Print dialog box doesn't work, I suspect
the only option is to write a macro that temporarily unprotects the document,
sets the desired page setup options, and then reprotects. You may want to ask
in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general for more
on this.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP