Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tina Tina is offline

Default editing portions of a protected document

Hi - I have created templated where I have protected the majority of a
document but am allowing everyone to freely edit the body of the document.
However, by default, my computer highlights the areas that one can freely
edit which means that the majority of the document is yellow. How can I
remove this highlight so that when someone opens the document they cannot see
the areas that they can edit?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As far as I know, you cannot change this behavior. Editable areas will
always be highlighted when you open a restricted document in Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP