Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawgma Dawgma is offline

Default Embedable font not embeding!

So we're having problems with a Word document that we received that is
supposed to have embedded fonts that are also editable. The Word document
uses 4 different fonts. All 4 fonts have the "Editable embedding allowed".

When we open the master copy everything looks fine! All of the fonts
display properly and you can edit the document. However, when we save our
edits and open the new document ONE of the fonts gets substituted every time!
3 of the other fonts (which are NOT system fonts) still show up just fine
and you can still edit them. However this one Condensed font ALWAYS gets
replaced by some other system font!

Can anyone think of why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you don't get an answer here, you might try posting in
microsoft.public.word.printingfonts.

http://word.mvps.org

"Dawgma" wrote in message
bump!

"Dawgma" wrote:

So we're having problems with a Word document that we received that is
supposed to have embedded fonts that are also editable. The Word
document
uses 4 different fonts. All 4 fonts have the "Editable embedding
allowed".

When we open the master copy everything looks fine! All of the fonts
display properly and you can edit the document. However, when we save
our
edits and open the new document ONE of the fonts gets substituted every
time!
3 of the other fonts (which are NOT system fonts) still show up just
fine
and you can still edit them. However this one Condensed font ALWAYS gets
replaced by some other system font!

Can anyone think of why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawgma Dawgma is offline

I can't find that forum online? I'm using a browser. My only options seem
to be: http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...erview.mspx#13

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you don't get an answer here, you might try posting in
microsoft.public.word.printingfonts.

http://word.mvps.org

"Dawgma" wrote in message
bump!

"Dawgma" wrote:

So we're having problems with a Word document that we received that is
supposed to have embedded fonts that are also editable. The Word
document
uses 4 different fonts. All 4 fonts have the "Editable embedding
allowed".

When we open the master copy everything looks fine! All of the fonts
display properly and you can edit the document. However, when we save
our
edits and open the new document ONE of the fonts gets substituted every
time!
3 of the other fonts (which are NOT system fonts) still show up just
fine
and you can still edit them. However this one Condensed font ALWAYS gets
replaced by some other system font!

Can anyone think of why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx,
which has the complete list in alpha order.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you don't get an answer here, you might try posting in
microsoft.public.word.printingfonts.

http://word.mvps.org

"Dawgma" wrote in message
bump!