Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob G. Bob G. is offline

Default Word 2007 - Address Book - Fields

Hello, I learned from another post here how to modify which Outlook Contact
fields get inserted into my Word document when I use the Address Book button
(basically, create an AutoText/Quick Parts entry called "AddressLayout" using
the fields shown in the article at
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/insword.htm). However, if I include the
field for job title "PR_TITLE" and there is no job title in the Outlook
contact, it leaves a blank line when I insert the contact into my Word
document. My question: Anyone know how to eliminate the blank line
automatically only for the contacts that have no job title? (If the contact
does have a job title, I like it to be put in.) I know this is getting a bit
picky, but MVPs have at it! Thank you in advance - you guys have been so
helpful. - Bob G.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can surround it with curly brackets eg

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME

}{PR_TITLE

}{PR_COMPANY_NAME

}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

Note that these are not fields brackets!

See http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

Bob G. wrote:
Hello, I learned from another post here how to modify which Outlook
Contact fields get inserted into my Word document when I use the
Address Book button (basically, create an AutoText/Quick Parts entry
called "AddressLayout" using the fields shown in the article at
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/insword.htm). However, if I
include the field for job title "PR_TITLE" and there is no job
title in the Outlook contact, it leaves a blank line when I insert
the contact into my Word document. My question: Anyone know how to
eliminate the blank line automatically only for the contacts that
have no job title? (If the contact does have a job title, I like it
to be put in.) I know this is getting a bit picky, but MVPs have at
it! Thank you in advance - you guys have been so helpful. - Bob G.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rgille rgille is offline

Thanks Graham. Actually, I just logged back in to note that after creating
the AutoText entry AddressLayout and logging out of Word and back in, when I
went to use the Address Book button Word had an "error" and closed. Even
after I deleted the AutoText entry and did a complete reboot, Word would
freeze whenever I try to use the Address Book button. I like the Address
Book button, so I ultimately decided to delete my Outlook profile. Note to
all: while that fixed the problem with my Address book, it also deletes all
your Outlook email, contacts, and etc.! I am lucky that I have a backup of
(most of) my data. So, apparently the slipstick link I posted in my first
post doesn't work well in Word 2007 - at least in my experience. - Bob

Bob G. wrote:
Hello, I learned from another post here how to modify which Outlook
Contact fields get inserted into my Word document when I use the
Address Book button (basically, create an AutoText/Quick Parts entry
called "AddressLayout" using the fields shown in the article at
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/insword.htm). However, if I
include the field for job title "PR_TITLE" and there is no job
title in the Outlook contact, it leaves a blank line when I insert
the contact into my Word document. My question: Anyone know how to
eliminate the blank line automatically only for the contacts that
have no job title? (If the contact does have a job title, I like it
to be put in.) I know this is getting a bit picky, but MVPs have at
it! Thank you in advance - you guys have been so helpful. - Bob G.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The issue is not a problem with the autotext but with the link to Outlook
2007. It should work if Outlook is already opened when you operate the link,
and it is usually fixed by repairing Office 2007 from the Windows add or
remove programs applet. Following the crash you will need to attend to
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then possibly
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.