Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brookie2916 Brookie2916 is offline

Default How do i stop Word chnging my name to lower case?

I am trying to fill in a form which has to be completed in capitals. However,
Word keeps changing my name to lower case with a capital first letter. How do
I stop it doing this, please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Brookie,

I am not certain that is is your fault. If you are filling in a Word
formfield or ContentControl (which version of Word?) and the data you enter
is reformated (i.e., case change) when you move to the next formfield or
control then the fault lies with the form designer.

The designer has put some sort of code in the Exit event of the field or
control that is reformatting your text. You might check with the form
designer or if you feel adventurous you could open the form, open the VB
Editor (ALT+Fll) and see if you can find the formfield OnExit macro or
ContentControl OnExit event and modify or delete as appropriate.

If your form is simply a plain text document then you might check to see if
you have ever created an AutoCorrect entry to automatically reformat your
upper case name as title case.

Word 2003 ToolsAutoCorrect options.

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP