Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pauline pauline is offline

Default Word 2007 freezes upon opening get error message when I close

When I try to open a Word Document, it opens but then is frozen and the
document that I opened is blank without the content. If I open Word itself,
it also freezes up. When I close the document, I get the message that Word
quit working and a message is being sent.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Could be a damaged Word data key in the Windows registry. Close
Word 2007, start regedit, and rename the
"\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12. 0\Word\Data"
key. Word 2007 will create a new Data key using the factory
default settings when you restart the program. If this fixes the
problem, great... but you might have to re-select some of your
Word Options settings. If it doesn't, you can close Word 2007,
rename the old key back to its original name to retrieve your old
Word Options settings.

Pauline wrote:

When I try to open a Word Document, it opens but then is frozen and the
document that I opened is blank without the content. If I open Word itself,
it also freezes up. When I close the document, I get the message that Word
quit working and a message is being sent.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm. with
particular attention to the normal template.