Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
selby spicer selby spicer is offline

Default how do i create a symbol for minute ventilation

the symbol for minute ventilation is a V with a dot above, how do I create
and save this symbol?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"selby spicer" selby wrote in message
the symbol for minute ventilation is a V with a dot above, how do I create
and save this symbol?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Selby,

I don't know if this symbol already exists in some character set or not. I
did not perform an exhaustive search.

You can create your own using an EQ field, overstrike switch and characters
spacing the technique is illustrated at the bottom of this web page:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Banner_Text.htm

Once you create the symbol you can save it for reuse as either an AutoText
entry (select it, press ALT+F3, complete the displayed dialog) or an
AutoCorrect entry (select it, navigate to "AutoCorrect Options" (Tool menu
in Word2003), select the AutoCorrect tab, click the "Formatted Text" option
button, then fill in the replace field with your trigger text and press OK.
Now anytime you enter the trigger text it will be automatically changed to
your symbol.

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

"selby spicer" selby wrote in message
the symbol for minute ventilation is a V with a dot above, how do I create
and save this symbol?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...Characters.htm

http://word.mvps.org

create a symbol? Pronet New Users 5 November 23rd 07 12:49 AM
series of keystrokes that will create the +/- symbol in a Word doc tici6868 Microsoft Word Help 1 August 7th 07 09:42 PM
Create New Symbol copied from another Symbol [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 3 April 6th 06 05:07 PM
how to create an underlined carat symbol BElaine Microsoft Word Help 4 November 21st 05 05:15 AM
How do I create a brand new bullet point or symbol? Tina Microsoft Word Help 1 October 3rd 05 08:40 PM