Posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.tables
mrgou mrgou is offline

Default Don't add space setting doesn't apply in tables

Hi,

Whenever I apply a style where the "Don't add space between paragraphs
of the same style" and some space before/after are set to paragraphs
within a table, the space between the paragraphs is indeed applied.

When the same style is applied in the body text, the space doesn't appear.

Why is that? Is this a bug or is there a reason for this?

Thanks!

Raph
Posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.tables
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Raph

mrgou wrote:
Whenever I apply a style where the "Don't add space between paragraphs
of the same style" and some space before/after are set to paragraphs
within a table, the space between the paragraphs is indeed applied.

When the same style is applied in the body text, the space doesn't appear.

Why is that? Is this a bug or is there a reason for this?

version of Word?

I don't see the same in Word 2007 (here, the spacing is suppressed in
table cells and in body text). Could be a compatibility option issue
(though I don't find one that seems to apply).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.tables
mrgou mrgou is offline

Robert M. Franz [RMF] a écrit :

I don't see the same in Word 2007 (here, the spacing is suppressed in
table cells and in body text). Could be a compatibility option issue
(though I don't find one that seems to apply).

I see this consistently in Word 2003. Maybe it's a bug, but then it's
strange it still hasn't been solved in SP3.

Raph
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Erik[_3_] Erik[_3_] is offline

On Sep 11, 1:33*pm, mrgou wrote:
Robert M. Franz [RMF] a écrit :

I don't see the same in Word 2007 (here, the spacing is suppressed in
tablecells and in body text). Could be a compatibility option issue
(though I don't find one that seems to apply).

I see this consistently in Word 2003. Maybe it's a bug, but then it's
strange it still hasn't been solved in SP3.

Raph

I can confirm this is a word 2003 issue. Just saved the file in W2007
file format and the spacing works as expected in tables.

Erik.