Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MicrosoftMD MicrosoftMD is offline

Default Tracking Changes

Can I make text already part a of document to be part of tracking changes
after the fact? If yes, how do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could Undo everything you've done, turn on Track Changes, and
retype it all. (The Redo button will redo everything you just undid,
but it won't mark the redo's as Tracked Changes.)

The Undo list survives saves, but not closing the file.

On Aug 27, 1:26*pm, MicrosoftMD
wrote:
Can I make text already part a of document to be part of tracking changes
after the fact? If yes, how do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's not obvious what exactly you are trying to accomplish, but if there is
an existing piece of text that you want to mark as an insertion, you can do
the following: Turn off Track Changes, cut the text, turn on Track Changes
again, and paste the text back in.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MicrosoftMD" wrote in message
Can I make text already part a of document to be part of tracking changes
after the fact? If yes, how do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have a previous version of the document (without the added text), you
can use Tools | Compare Documents to add markup that is comparable to Track
Changes.

http://word.mvps.org