Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Swifty Swifty is offline

Default Putting some text in the top margin

I'd like the effect of putting some text (of my choice) in the top
margin of each page.

I can see that might fall outside the printable area, so how would I
place my text at the top of each page (I can shrink the margin to
compensate).

The four page document is just one large table (it is the list of CD's
in my jukebox) so I cannot easily use a table to get a repeating header
on every page; my existing table already has that.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you want to put the *same* text in each header (anything in the header is
repeated in each page to which that header applies) or *different* text in
each header( use a borderless text box *over* the header area)? If the
different text, is the text placed from the body of the document use a
Styleref field.

Swifty wrote:
I'd like the effect of putting some text (of my choice) in the top
margin of each page.

I can see that might fall outside the printable area, so how would I
place my text at the top of each page (I can shrink the margin to
compensate).

The four page document is just one large table (it is the list of CD's
in my jukebox) so I cannot easily use a table to get a repeating
header on every page; my existing table already has that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What you are describing is a page header; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Swifty" wrote in message
I'd like the effect of putting some text (of my choice) in the top margin
of each page.

I can see that might fall outside the printable area, so how would I place
my text at the top of each page (I can shrink the margin to compensate).

The four page document is just one large table (it is the list of CD's in
my jukebox) so I cannot easily use a table to get a repeating header on
every page; my existing table already has that.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
http://www.ringers.org.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Swifty Swifty is offline

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
What you are describing is a page header; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

Thank you. I'd found the "View Header/Footer" control, but hadn't had
the courage to click on "View/Hide page text". I imagined it hiding all
my page (i.e. document) text, and not being able to find a way to get it
back.