Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Default a Word 2003 toolbar into a 2007 UserForm?

Hi All,

I'd like to copy my Word 2003 toolbar named "abc" into a UserForm. I think a UserForm can be better or more functional than a
regular toolbar or ribbon. My 2003 toolbar has a lot in it so making it from scratch will take many hours. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Gil

Ten Second Medical RecordTM

http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

Asheville, North Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You may be able to use the toolbar as it stands, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

There is no direct correlation between toolbars and userforms so whatever
you do to replace the toolbar is going to take a lot of work. A new tab on
the ribbon and commands to call your macros might be the best plan. - see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm

Have you checked that the macros called by the toolbar will actually run
under Word 2007. Most will, but there may be some surprises.

gil wrote:
Hi All,

I'd like to copy my Word 2003 toolbar named "abc" into a UserForm. I
think a UserForm can be better or more functional than a regular
toolbar or ribbon. My 2003 toolbar has a lot in it so making it from
scratch will take many hours. Any suggestions?
Cheers,

Gil

Ten Second Medical RecordTM

http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

Asheville, North Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Thanks, Graham. You guys and gals are truly appreciated.
Yes, I can access my old toolbar but I suspect a UserForm could be used more efficiently than a toolbar when you exceed 30 tools or
so, even with submenus. And a simple 2 key shortcut can bring it up without having to even point and click.
I am a little loath to try to run 2003 and 2007 on the same computer. I'd mess it up somehow with constant use. I'm due for a new
laptop, so soon, I'll just have 2003 on one and 2007 on the other.
I'm sure I can learn a lot more about UserForms. I made one for the older Word 2003 toolbar and I think it's working pretty fairly.
Gil

gil wrote:
Hi All,

I'd like to copy my Word 2003 toolbar named "abc" into a UserForm. I
think a UserForm can be better or more functional than a regular
toolbar or ribbon. My 2003 toolbar has a lot in it so making it from
scratch will take many hours. Any suggestions?
Cheers,

Gil

Ten Second Medical RecordTM

http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

Asheville, North Carolina

Web toolbar in Word 2003 - where is it in Word 2007??? LisaG Microsoft Word Help 2 January 23rd 08 07:25 AM
Can I change the toolbar in Word 2007 to how it is in 2003? Jerry Microsoft Word Help 1 November 9th 07 02:46 AM
Check Boxes in a UserForm (Word 2007) Trefilov22 Microsoft Word Help 6 May 23rd 07 07:38 PM
Userform Sharpe Microsoft Word Help 1 March 17th 06 06:13 AM
Userform in word SuzieQ Microsoft Word Help 2 December 12th 05 09:42 PM