Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ddhanna ddhanna is offline

Default Having problems posting to discussion board.

When I copied a math problem from my word document and pasted it in a
discussion board, the post came out with numbers and symbols. What do I need
to change to stop this. I has not happened before. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Aren't math problems typically composed of numbers, variables and symbols?
What is it that you want stopped and what is it that you want to happen when
you paste math problems from Word or anywhere else in a discussion board?

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ddhanna ddhanna is offline

LOL yes they are variables etc, but the problem I had was the beginning of a
solution would show ex: c^3 %&827 stuff like that, then the next solution
witht he same jibberish. Is there a setting I can change or is it due to
using the insert symbols?

ddhanna wrote:
When I copied a math problem from my word document and pasted it in a
discussion board, the post came out with numbers and symbols. What do
I need to change to stop this. I has not happened before. Thanks

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ddhanna ddhanna is offline

I don't know if it will do it with this problem!
Explain how to multiply two monomials:
(3ab^2)(-2abc)(4ac^2)
First thing is to multiply the coefficients:
3ˆ™(-2)ˆ™4= -24
Next step is combine like terms
(aˆ™aˆ™a)(b^2ˆ™b)(cˆ™c^2) the variable without a degree will have a degree of 1
there for simplified we will have:
a^3ˆ™b^3ˆ™c^3
a - cubed times b- cubed times c- cubed

ddhanna wrote:
When I copied a math problem from my word document and pasted it in a
discussion board, the post came out with numbers and symbols. What do
I need to change to stop this. I has not happened before. Thanks

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com is offline

And just *why* exactly were you asking this question here in a WORD
newsgroup...?
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

ddhanna wrote:
When I copied a math problem from my word document and pasted it in a
discussion board, the post came out with numbers and symbols. What do
I need to change to stop this. I has not happened before. Thanks

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

I don't know if it looks like you intended it to look, but it looks good
enough for me to interpret what you are trying to convey. Problems pasting
text from Word into a newsreader editor is probably an issue with the editor
rather than Word. Just a stab, you might try the Rich Text format in your
newreader editor.

ddhanna wrote:
I don't know if it will do it with this problem!
Explain how to multiply two monomials:
(3ab^2)(-2abc)(4ac^2)
First thing is to multiply the coefficients:
3?(-2)?4= -24
Next step is combine like terms
(a?a?a)(b^2?b)(c?c^2) the variable without a degree will have a
degree of 1 there for simplified we will have:
a^3?b^3?c^3

ddhanna wrote:
When I copied a math problem from my word document and pasted it in
a discussion board, the post came out with numbers and symbols.
What do I need to change to stop this. I has not happened before.
Thanks

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com is offline

Oh right. I see now. It's because you're copying and pasting *from* Word into
the discussion board. In which case Greg is right; the problem is probably
with the discussion board or your newreader software and not Word.