Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angila Angila is offline

Default Autocorrect for just one document

Hello, I am working on a document that I am going to use alot of different
codes like 1.1 for Insulation damage.. so on and so on. Well, here is my
dilima, I only want this specific autocorrect for just this document only, is
that possible? I opened a blank document and typed in my code and it was
there.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can save AutoText entries to a specific template, but not AutoCorrect
entries. What version of Word are you using?

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Angila" wrote in message
Hello, I am working on a document that I am going to use alot of different
codes like 1.1 for Insulation damage.. so on and so on. Well, here is my
dilima, I only want this specific autocorrect for just this document only,
is
that possible? I opened a blank document and typed in my code and it was
there.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 14:20:01 -0700, Angila
wrote:

Hello, I am working on a document that I am going to use alot of different
codes like 1.1 for Insulation damage.. so on and so on. Well, here is my
dilima, I only want this specific autocorrect for just this document only, is
that possible? I opened a blank document and typed in my code and it was
there.

The short answer is no.

Unformatted AutoCorrect entries are stored in files with an .acl
extension and are available in all Office programs. Formatted
AutoCorrect entries, which apply only to Word, are stored in the
Normal.dot or Normal.dotm template; they're available in all
documents. There is no provision for limiting the scope of the entries
to any specific document or group of documents.

If you use AutoText instead of AutoCorrect
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm) you can
store them in a specific template; if you then attach that template to
your specific document (and only that document), those entries will be
limited to the one document. In Word versions up to 2003, AutoText can
display a prompt after you type enough characters of its name to be
unique, and pressing Enter will then insert the entry. The prompt
doesn't appear in Word 2007; but in any version pressing F3 will
insert the entry.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman