Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mud mud is offline

Default Why does return cause the cursor to go down and start a new

When I hit return to start a new line the cursor drops down and starts a new
page instead of a new paragraph. I have student home office 2007
--
mud
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Is your name really mud? What did you do?

Your cursor is in a paragraph and that paragraph has a style. Look in the
sytles pane on the Home tab and see if you style is "highlighted" with a box
around it. Right click the style, select modifyformatparagraphline and
page breaks and see if "page break before" is checked. If it is uncheck it.

mud wrote:
When I hit return to start a new line the cursor drops down and
starts a new page instead of a new paragraph. I have student home
office 2007

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com is offline

In addition to what Greg has said - including the comment about your name ;-P
- please be aware that if you happen to apply manual formatting for "page
break before" to a particular paragraph, this manual formatting will continue
to be applied to the next paragraph that's created when you press Enter.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!