Posted to comp.ai.nat-lang,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,alt.usage.english
Albretch Mueller Albretch Mueller is offline

Default More than a definition of a contextual distance among words ...

More than trying to study the usage patterns of an author or how the
meaning of words change/evolve based on its distribution and usage
contexts, say you want to study how a certain concept evolves/changes -
along with its ramifications-. You don't even have to use certain
words in order to directly or indirectly evoke a concept

How can you do that using corpora?

I think there is a term to describe what I mean. Something like
"concept spaces", what was it?

Any -good- studies on "concept spaces" (and please, I do know I can
use google (or was it google can use me) ;-))

Thank you very much
lbrtchx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

"Albretch Mueller" wrote in message
: : Any -good- studies on "concept spaces" (and please, I do know I can
: use google (or was it google can use me) ;-))
:
Then, if you do know you can use google, why aren't you?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Sep 3, 3:13*pm, "Tom Willett" wrote:
"Albretch Mueller" wrote in message

: : Any -good- studies on "concept spaces" (and please, I do know I can
: use google (or was it google can use me) ;-))
:
Then, if you do know you can use google, why aren't you?

~
because I also know google is designed to make certain kinds of
people happy and other kinds waste their time, which apparently you
haven't figured out yet and I hope I was helpful to you on that one
~
lbrtchx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But neither your posting nor this response has the slightest thing to
do with Microsoft Word.

Perhaps you're groping toward the fields of "historical lexicography"
or "corpus linguistics."