Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dinesh Tekkatte Dinesh Tekkatte is offline

Default Invoking word to open a document & show a perticular page or parag

Is there a way to specify that word should open a particular document and
position the screen to show a particular page or paragraph?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can add a bookmark in the desired location and use a macro to go to the
bookmark. For details incl. information about security issues, see Jay
Freedmans answer in this thread:
http://help.wugnet.com/office/Open-W...ct1150435.html

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Dinesh Tekkatte" wrote:

Is there a way to specify that word should open a particular document and
position the screen to show a particular page or paragraph?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dinesh Tekkatte Dinesh Tekkatte is offline

Default Invoking word to open a document & show a perticular page or p

Thanks for the reply.I was looking for an easy way of specifying a link in
SharePoint site to open specific paragraph of an uploaded word document.

Need to see how well the macro specifying will work in corporate
environments with the security settings.

"Dinesh Tekkatte" wrote:

Is there a way to specify that word should open a particular document and
position the screen to show a particular page or paragraph?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I keep seeing Dinesh sitting at his computer and trying magic words to get
Word to open. (By the way, Hocus Pocus doesn't work - I tried. ;-) )

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dinesh Tekkatte" wrote in