Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pjandbeau pjandbeau is offline

Default Problem with citations

Hi,
My class was working on citations and Works Cited pages today, and two of
them had the same problem. The citation appeared, but the Works Cited page
did not. We tried to generate the Works Cited page, but it didn't work. We
had an error message that read in part "selection is locked." We are not
using a trial version, nor are the documents protected. The only way I could
get around it is to delete the citation and do them again.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
--
mkd
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Citation fields are locked to prevent manual edits from users as manual
changes are lost when the field gets updated. (A rather unfortunate design
decision.)

Is it possible that when trying to insert a Works Cited page, the cursor was
still in a citation field? That could cause the described behaviour.

Yves
--
http://bibword.codeplex.com

citations Gary F[_3_] Page Layout 2 July 24th 09 11:47 PM
citations jack Microsoft Word Help 8 June 1st 09 08:51 PM
citations & bibliography Shari Microsoft Word Help 3 May 4th 08 07:56 PM
Citations Marie VCT Microsoft Word Help 0 November 28th 07 06:27 PM
citations Carol Microsoft Word Help 2 August 21st 05 09:54 AM