Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
saeed saeed is offline

Default Header & Footer

Hi

Hope someone can help. I am wanting to know how i can set the page to print
the header and footer on the first page only?

regards
saeed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Set the option for Different First Page... where to find it depends on your
version of Word, which you neglected to mention. In 2007 it will be in the
Header & Footer Tools Design tab, Options group. In prior versions it's in
File Page Setup - Layout. Then go to the Header or Footer of the second
page & add your Header/Footer content.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/4/09 11:34 AM, in article
, "Saeed"
wrote:

Hi

Hope someone can help. I am wanting to know how i can set the page to print
the header and footer on the first page only?

regards
saeed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
saeed saeed is offline

The version i am using is 2003.

I have already set the header and footer on the first page and as i
understand i need to go to file page setup and layout and i have clicked the
icon for different first page and my header and footer disappear on the first
page?

wrote:

Hi

Hope someone can help. I am wanting to know how i can set the page to print
the header and footer on the first page only?

regards
saeed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Actually, if saeed wants it only on the first page, he should use the First
Page Header and First Page Footer.

http://word.mvps.org

.. .

wrote:

Hi

Hope someone can help. I am wanting to know how i can set the page to
print
the header and footer on the first page only?

regards
saeed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

So now create your header and footer in the First Page Header and First Page
Footer. When your document runs to a second page, Word will use the primary
Header and Footer, which you have left empty (or into which you have
inserted different content).

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

Hi

Hope someone can help. I am wanting to know how i can set the page to
print
the header and footer on the first page only?

regards
saeed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Yeah, force of habit... The head was thinking "first page" but the fingers
typed "second page" :-}

Thanks fo
Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac
r the catch!

On 9/4/09 12:32 PM, in article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Actually, if saeed wants it only on the first page, he should use the First
Page Header and First Page Footer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Odd habits are what make life most interesting ;-)

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/5/09 12:08 PM, in article ,