Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LoniJ LoniJ is offline

Default Upgraded to 2007 and now I can't unprotect my documents

I have several documents that have form fields on them. After upgrading to
2007, I can't unprotect any of the documents for editing. Is there a way to
do this or do I have to rebuild everything?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 14:31:01 -0700, LoniJ
wrote:

I have several documents that have form fields on them. After upgrading to
2007, I can't unprotect any of the documents for editing. Is there a way to
do this or do I have to rebuild everything?

In Word 2007, click the Protect Document button on the Review ribbon
to open the Restrict Formatting and Editing pane. Click the Stop
Protection button at the bottom, and supply the password if there is
one.

A quicker way is to add the Lock icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. In
the Office button Word Options Customize dialog, set the category
to Commands Not in the Ribbon to find the Lock command.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You may find http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm a
useful addition if you want to work with forms in Word 2007. It adds the
familiar commands from the Word 2003 forms toolbar.

LoniJ wrote:
I have several documents that have form fields on them. After
upgrading to 2007, I can't unprotect any of the documents for
editing. Is there a way to do this or do I have to rebuild
everything?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

How are you trying to unprotect the document? Are you using the Review (or
Developer) tab and the Protect Document command? If so, if when clicking the
Protect Document button you see a list of choices, use the "Restrict Editing
and Formatting" command.

Note the options under the Restrict Permission section are for protecting
documents using Information Rights Management (IRM) which is included in
three editions of Office 2007. Those editions are Pro Plus, Enterprise, and
Ultimate. If you don't have one of these editions then when you click
Protect Document it opens the "Restrict Editing and Formatting" task pane
directly.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP