Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
halboyr halboyr is offline

Default SEARCHING FOR WORD DOCUMENT

Is there a way to search for a keyword in My Documents ... I want to search
all my word documents, no matter where they are located, based on a keyword
in the title.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

So long as you're looking for a keyword that's in the _name of a
document file_ (as opposed to the title of the work contained in the
document), the Windows Search box is just what you need. One way to
get at it is Start Search, I think (haven't been in Windows XP for a
while, and in Vista the search box pops up pretty much everywhere).

On Sep 7, 3:52*pm, halboyr wrote:
Is there a way to search for a keyword in My Documents ... I want to search
all my word documents, no matter where they are located, based on a keyword
in the title.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can use Windows search to search the contents of files as well. And of
course you can limit the search to specific folders and by date and/or file
type.

It's unfortunate that there's no longer any convenient way to search in file
Properties (though that was always kind of hit-or-miss). I say this knowing
that you *can* specify file properties in Word's search, but I find the work
required to specify *where* to search in that dialog limits its usefulness.

http://word.mvps.org