Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vanncad Vanncad is offline

Default Mixing Absolute and Relative hyperinks in the same document?

I have a document with six hyperlinks in it. Five of the links to go
documents in different folders under the same root as my source
document folder. I want to keep these links relative.

I have one link that goes to an Excel sheet on a shared drive. I want
to keep this link absolute.

My link to the shared drive is written like "file://sharename
\foldername\sheet.xls".

When I convert my document to PDF and upload it to my intranet (along
with the complete file structure), the link to the shared drive
automatically gets converted to "http://myIntranet.com/
IntranetDocFolder/sharename/foldername/sheet.xls"

I have "Update links on save" selected because I want most of the
links to remain relative.
I cannot use a hyperlink base in the document, because this would make
all of my links absolute.
I cannot create the link in the PDF file, because this would be
impossible to manage (I have quite a few documents with mixed links).

Im just want to have a combination of of absolute and relative links
in the same document. The absolute links will only point to shared
network drives.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks,

- Vann