Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
EJ Waits EJ Waits is offline

Default How do I get rid of a pesky line

Seemingly at random, although I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong, I
get a horizontal line across the page. I can move it a little, but I can't
get rid of it. I've tried the help, to no avail. I've tried to reveal the
codes to see if there's some coding that is causing it, but nothing there but
the line. How does this get there, how do I turn it off, and how do I get rid
of it once it's in there? Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Do you happen to be typing 3 or more successive asterisks, dashes or some
such then pressing Enter? It sounds like you're triggering an automatic
bottom paragraph border. See if this helps:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac