Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
happysad happysad is offline

Default Shortcuts not available after changing template

Hi,

I am working on migrating a lot of old Word documents to Word 2007. I have
succesfully saved them in the new .docx format.

Now I need to change the template they are based on (which won't be used
anymore) to Normal.dotm. I am able to do so, but the keyboard shortcuts saved
in Normal.dotm are not working.
But here it says that they should become available:

"The new template makes four things available to the document: macros,
AutoText, toolbars and keyboard shortcuts."

When I create new documents from Normal.dotm, the keyboard shortcuts and
associated styles work as they should.

What could be wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
happysad happysad is offline

I can add that the keyboard shortcut shows up when I go to create a new
shortcut. When I press the combination, it shows up as already assigned.

So Word can apparently see the keyboard shortcut in the Normal.dotm
template, it just doesn't work when I try to use it.