Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RLA RLA is offline

Default Problem inside text doc

Somehow I seem to have inserted a double line in the text of something I'm
working on in Word 2003. It goes all the way across the page from left to
right margin. I think I copied something from an e-mail and pasted it in the
running notes I have at the bottom of my story (I'm a writer). As I cover
what is at the top of the story notes, I delete them and go on to the next.
I try to have the notes in somewhat chronological order to the story as it
unfolds. But now I can't seem to delete that idiotic double line!! I have
tried everything I can think of short of retyping the entire 101 pages!!
Needless to say I am NOT going to do that. I have even tried copying and
pasting the text ABOVE that stupid double line to a blank doc, and no matter
how far up I go to copy, thinking I don't mind retyping a FEW lines, that
aggravating line reappears at the bottom of wherever I copied to. I cannot
space around it, above it or below it. It reappears at the bottom of every
page unless a paragraph runs from the bottom of one page onto the next, then
it jumps to the bottom of that page and waits to reappear if the bottom
paragraph doesn't continue onto the next page. I have tried right-clicking
on it, nothing. I can't backspace over it, the cursor just jumps right over
it as though it weren't there. I have no idea how to reveal what the
embedded command is, let alone how to delete it!! Suggestions??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

My first thoughts, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"RLA" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It's almost certainly a border, and RLA will need to select *all* the
paragraphs now affected and choose No Border or None.

http://word.mvps.org